Contract Senior Project Engineer – The Rural Electrification Agency (REA), Uganda
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Rural Electrification Agency (REA) is continuing to implement large scale Rural Electrification Program intended to cover all the regions of Uganda. The execution of this program requires additional manpower in the areas of power network planning and design, project management and construction management. This manpower will be used specifically to manage the various packages of this program’s implementation.
REA now invites applications for the following post:
POST: SENIOR PROJECT ENGINEER (1)
The position, located in Kampala but with a lot of field work, will report to the Manager Projects Development and Management and its primary purpose will be to oversee construction works in different parts of Uganda. He/she will represent the Agency in attending to site meetings, liaising with local authorities to ensure smooth implementation, and working closely with supervising consultants to ensure that contracted works are completed in time.
Key responsibilities include:
- Represent the Agency in the management of rural electrification construction works.
- Monitor progress and quality of construction works.
- Attend site meetings.
- Liaise with local authorities to ensure smooth implementation of construction works.
- Monitor all environmental issues during construction and ensure compliance with safeguard requirements.
- Evaluate construction compensation requirements and bring them up for resolution.
- Review payment certificates, consultancy fee notes and invoices and recommend appropriate action.
- Any other duties specified by the Head of Department.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized University with a bias in heavy current.
- Post graduate training in a related field would be an added advantage.
- Training in Project Management/Monitoring and Evaluation and environmental studies would be an added advantage
- Working experience of at least 8 years, with at least 5 years spent in the management/supervision of electric power network construction.
- Demonstrable experience in construction works preferably in electricity distribution.
- Have extensive knowledge of management of construction works.
- Have extensive knowledge of power system commissioning and maintenance practice.
- Well developed interpersonal, communication and public relations skills.
- Proven ability to work as a member of a senior management team.
- Experience with donor-funded projects will be an added advantage.
Experience: 8 years
How to Apply
Conditions of Service
Attractive remuneration package on a 4-year contract will be negotiated.
Interested Ugandans, who meet the above requirements, should submit applications which should be received by Friday, April 26th 2013. The applications, which should include: forwarding letter, detailed CV, names and addresses of three referees and copies of relevant certificates and testimonials, should be addressed and delivered to: The Executive Director Rural Electrification Agency 2nd Floor, House of Hope. Plot 10 Windsor Loop, Kololo, P.O. Box 7317, Kampala – Uganda.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS JOB THROUGH THIS WEB SITE
584 total views, 1 today