Contract Logistics Assistant Data – The World Food Programme (WFP), Uganda
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
WFP does not charge fees from applicants at any stage in the recruitment process.
The World Food Program (WFP) is the United Nations frontline agency against world hunger It is the largest and longest serving humanitarian agency in Uganda. Currently WFP focuses on three priority areas namely. Emergency Humanitarian Action (EHA); Food & Nutrition Security (FNS); and Purchase tor Progress (P4P)/Agriculture & Market Support (AMS) WFP has operations in various parts of the Country. WFP cherishes and takes pride in its human resources; therefore we seek to recruit competent persons for the positions listed below:
Vacancy Announcement No: VA-04-2013
Post Title: Logistics Assistant Data
Grade: SB2/Midpoint (G.4 Equivalent)
Contract Type: Service Contract
Duty Station: Mbarara
- Under the direct supervision of the Senior Logistics Assistant, The incumbent will lie responsible for data entry, data analysis, monitoring stock utilization and preparation of regular reports and will be required to undertake the following.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out data entry into Commodity Movement Processing and Analysis System (COMPAS) on a daily basis according to Commodity Tracking System (CTS) rules and procedures;
- Analyze COMPAS data on a daily basis for elimination of any irregularities to maintain a balance between COMPAS stock and physical stock figures at the sub office/ country office databases:
- Maintain a proper filing system for all documents received according to standing CTS rules and procedures.
- Carry out daily data replications with the sub office and Country Off ice (CO) on a daily basis and produce a weekly status report;
- Monitor back up of data for data security;
- Attend to data requests and queries from other offices and staff members at the station;
- Offer user support to staff members at the station whenever called upon,
- Attend to CTS computer equipment and report any irregularities to ICT;
- Monitor food In transit and produce a weekly report on the same.
- Update the bi-weekly CTS task monitoring tool and make a follow-up on the findings.
- Monitor and ensure proper handling of losses at sub- office and produce a monthly report on the same.
- Help in the training of new CTS staff and participate in the unit’s user support and training projects i.e. train and provide technical support to the persons using CTS systems.
- Manage and supervise Non Food Items (NFIs) in stock and ensure total utilization.
- Maintain a NFI database and produce a monthly report on the same.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- University degree in either of the following fields Accounts, Procurement & Logistics. Computer Science, Statistics or the equivalent, obtained from a recognized Institution;
- Or a Diploma in Accounts, Procurement & Logistics. Computer Science. Statistics coupled with longer relevant working experience.
- At least three years relevant working experience in the field of accounting, transport, insurance, statistics, operations, gained from a reputable organization.
- Good working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Access. MS Word & Excel and other Networking Operating Systems Working experience with Relational Database Management System. Oracle. & SQL would be an asset.
- Good command of the English language.
Experience: 3 years
How to Apply
Ugandan nationals who meet the above requirements are requested to submit their applications together with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates under confidential cover quoting on the envelop the vacancy announcement number and name of the applicant to: The Human Resources Officer -
UN World Food Programme P. 0. Box 7159. Kampala.
Hand delivered applications should be dropped In a box at the reception of WFP Offices at plot 17 19. Clement Hill Road
Applicants should check on the Notice Board at the main entrance to confirm that their applications have been received one week after the closing date
Applications must be received by the deadline and only short listed candidates shall be contacted.
Please note that incomplete submission will be disregarded.
Date of Issue: Friday 12th April 2013
Closing date: Thursday 25th April 2013
Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS JOB THROUGH THIS WEB SITE
597 total views, 1 today